Choose ENERGY STAR® appliances
Use of ENERGY STAR certified products can save you up to 30% of your home energy costs.
What to look for:
Look for the ENERGY STAR logo on the product package, sales tag or the item itself. Hundreds of ENERGY STAR certified products are on the market.
- Appliances: Clothes washers, dishwashers, refrigerators, etc.
- Heating & cooling: Heat pumps, central AC, room air conditioners, central AC, furnaces, etc.
- Home envelope: Insulation, roofing, windows, doors, etc.
- Electronics: Televisions, phones, DVD players, etc.
- Office equipment: Computers, monitors, printers, etc.
- Lighting: Compact fluorescent light bulbs, fixtures, etc.
Good for kids:
- ENERGY STAR certified appliances often use less water.
- ENERGY STAR certified appliances often have other features that make everyday tasks more convenient, such as useful settings and sensors.
If you have kids in your household, you may spend a lot of money on laundry, dishes, a full refrigerator, and home electronics that see a lot of use. ENERGY STAR appliances and devices really pay off in large households. For example, efficient washers conserve water, hold more laundry, and are gentler on your clothes.
for more energy efficiency tips and information on energy efficiency programs.